Monday, July 8, 2013

The Dashboards of IBR 2013.


I was working the IBR (Iron Butt Rally) 2013 Checkpoint 2 in Sacramento all day Sunday, so I have no pictures to post from the checkpoint itself, but early on Monday morning - I walked the parking lot full of IBR bikes while the riders were in the riders' meeting. I didn't have my camera with me, but I did the best I could for some quick pictures of the dashboards of some of the IBR bikes with my cell phone camera.

Hope you find these interesting to see how much electronic stuff is jammed onto the rally bikes for these extremely competitive events! The IBR being a show like no other. 11 days, 11,000 + miles. The world's most farkled motorcycles rode by the world's toughest riders!


Get your Spot on and spot Johnny from Reno. 


Quit your whining and dutch me! 


Instructions to follow instructions! Also, nom nom nom...


Don't forget to relax and enjoy the ride! 



The minimalist approach.


Deviating from the curve, this guy is not human.


The Englishman agrees! 


Fazers on stun! Phil-ing up on some good riding from across the pond. 


Thanks for the spot Jerry!


The space shuttle is ready for launch.


Thanks for looking! :)

7 comments:

  1. Some great pics. My bike with 1 gps, 1 cell phone, and spot tracker looks stock compared to these. Obviously, I need more farkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT bunch o' shots. Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday as I would to have enjoyed seeing these decked out machines!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ADV salute in most of the mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and also thanks to my ADV salute helpers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and commentary! Gotta love the FLIR (forward looking infrared) screen on the first bike...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of gizmos and gadgets. I kind of like the minimalist approach but then I suppose all the gadgets aid in their navigation and getting there on time.

    Thanks for sharing out the tricked out dashes and the watch for the birdie game. Kind of like Where's Waldo for ADV riders, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOKS LIKE A GREAT RALLY, RIDE SAFE AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE BONUS POINTS TO ALL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions and appreciate them very much, so please feel free to leave some. Although, to fight spam, I do limit comments to Registered Users which includes those with blogger accounts, or other Google accounts or OpenID accounts etc. Thank you!